TRIBECA NEW MUSIC: BEST IN SCORE 2019
Tribeca New Music is pleased to present Best in Score 2019. This concert will highlight the winning works of our 2019 Young Composer Competition featuring the string quartet Spiral Sequences by Jack Frerer (Division 1 winner), and the trio Anatomies of Fragile Things by Paul Novak (Division 2 winner). In addition, we will be presenting new and recent works by composers Will Healy, Justin Hines, Preston Stahly (world premiere), Jacob TV and Octavio Vazquez (a world premiere commissioned by TNM). Musicians from the group Classical Jam and the Sara String Quartet will perform along with our Tribeca Monsters stable of performing artists.
Stuart Breczinski, oboe; Damian Cheek, alto saxophone; Rinat Erlichman, violin, Hannah Geisinger, viola; Will Healy, piano; Justin Hines, percussion; Wendy Law, cello; Derek Louie, cello; K.J. McDonald, violin.
• Fierce (A world premiere commissioned by TNM) by Octavio Vazquez
• Anatomies of Fragile Things by Paul Novak (YCC Division 2 winner)
• Sonata for Saxophone and Piano by Will Healy
• There’s a Hole in the Bucket by Justin Hines
• Ta Ta Ta Ta Ta by Jacob TV
• Spiral Sequences by Jack Frerer (YCC Division 1 winner)
• Honey Smack (World premiere) by Preston Stahly